Vision, Mission and Values
All Furzedown Primary School children are happy! They enjoy and excel at learning and life.
- Feel valued as individuals
- Are a part of a community that promotes positive interpersonal relationships with peers and adults
- Are active learners with a good understanding of physical health and emotional wellbeing
- Have the learning and social skills to succeed and contribute to society as good citizens for the future;
- Have the confidence, enthusiasm and self-belief to achieve, be creative and participate in new experiences;
- Have the curiosity and passion to problem-solve, persevere, take risks and be aspirational;
- Have a sense of social responsibility that makes them team players, great friends and active citizens.
Furzedown Primary School:
- Is a child centred environment where children are supported to enjoy and to achieve; to be healthy, resilient and assertive; to participate and to be socially and environmentally aware; and to look to their future with optimism and purpose;
- Is an inclusive and supportive environment that is open and welcoming to families and promotes a partnership approach to children’s learning and well-being;
- is a reflective environment where children and staff are focused on improvement and drive achievement, ethos and values.
- Is a place where everyone is a learner
- Provides a firm foundation from which our children grow
At Furzedown Primary School we believe in the ability of every child and our mission is to create an environment that children can enjoy and excel in regardless of their gender, ethnicity, additional needs, beliefs or socio-economic background.
We are committed to educating in a holistic way, focusing on the social, moral, creative and artistic as well as the academic.
We aim to create a vibrant and enriching learning community where all children, staff and families are valued, included and respected and where all are encouraged to develop and achieve their potential and make a contribution.
At Furzedown Primary School education is our passion. We believe in the intrinsic worth of every individual and that there is nothing the children and adults in our community cannot achieve. We are committed to:
- Happiness with the state of well-being and contentment underpinning all we do
- Inclusion and promoting equity leading to equality of opportunity across all areas of school life including our curriculum and in all of our policies and practice.
- Behaving respectfully with everyone we meet;
- Having ambition and communicating our high expectations clearly to each other
- Being creative and reflective impacting on our ability to be open-minded and to problem-solve;
- Working together as a community and to help everyone achieve their best.
We are proud of the cultural diversity that makes up our school community at Furzedown and see it as an inherent strength. We are committed to working closely and in harmony with our community and celebrating the diversity of the UK. We aim to prepare children for life in modern Britain and to ensure that our school ethos, curriculum and approaches to teaching and learning reflect and promote British values:
- The rule of law
- Individual Liberty
- Mutual Respect
- Tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
We know and understand that our values are not exclusive to being British and that they have come to be accepted throughout the democratic world as the method of creating a society in which individual members can feel safe, valued and can contribute for the good of themselves and others.