Here are 5 key points from the report:
1. Schools must admit looked after children and all children whose statement of SEN or EHC Plan names the school.
2. All schools must clearly set out how children will be admitted and explain what happens if there are more applications than places.
3. Admission authorities must not take account of reports from previous schools about children’s past behaviour, attendance, attitude or achievement.
4. Parents can apply for at least three schools.
5. Parents who live outside the catchment area can still express a preference for the school.
Applying for a school place at Furzedown
(Reception to Year 6) from 1st September 2018
Parents/carers who wish to apply for a place in Furzedown for any age group (except Nursery, application forms available from the school office), will need to complete the admissions application form obtainable from their local authority. Furzedown’s local authority is Wandsworth and the majority of our pupils live within the Wandsworth Borough. The application will need to be returned to the local authority and they will send you a notification of whether or not a place can be offered.
If you are resident in Wandsworth, you can obtain a form and further information by contacting Pupil Services Section on 020-8871 7316 or by email:email@example.com.
Their postal address is: Pupil Services Section, Children’s Services Department, Town Hall Extension, Wandsworth Town Hall, Wandsworth High Street, London SW18 2PU.
If you are wishing to transfer your child to our school, we advise that you contact us in the first instance to make your initial enquiries so we can assist you with the process.
Starting School in Wandsworth
Parents must apply for a place in any state school in any Borough through their home council. Wandsworth Council provides a full-time place in a primary school Reception Class in the September of the school year in which their children reach their 5th birthday.
It is important to collect as much information as possible about the schools you want to apply for and the admission procedures.
The link below will enable you to download a copy of the “Starting School in Wandsworth” booklet which will enable you to understand the process of applying for a school place for your children.
Choose a Wandsworth Primary School 2020
For more information from Wandsworth click below
We hope that the information we have provided above has been useful. Should you have any further enquiries regarding applying for a school place for your child, please do not hesitate to contact our school office on 020-8672 34 80 and our office staff will endeavour to assist you.