At Furzedown Primary School we are very proud of the range of awards and achievements that we have gained as a team. Below is information about current Awards and Achievements that the school holds.
|International School Award is a British Council accreditation scheme, it recognises that our school has a notable global element in our curriculum.
|History Quality Mark - Silver Award
This award recognises the excellence of history provision in our school. The Quality Mark assess and values the history provision of the teachers within our school.
|The Anti-Bullying Quality Award, Bronze shows that we :
• Take a whole school developmental approach to anti- bullying work;
• Ensure the development of the ABQM-UK sits within the school’s leadership;
• Have an up-to-date Anti-Bullying Policy that meets the ABQM standards;
• Established a Peer Support scheme (e.g. buddy scheme, restorative justice scheme, peer mediation scheme) within the school;
• Give parents information about the school Anti-Bullying policy and who to contact should issues arise.
|The Primary Geography Quality Mark Gold level is in recognition of the schools capacity to embed excellent and innovative geography throughout the school.
|Having achieved Gold award status, Furzedown has demonstrated that the subject leaders in science have ensured that excellent teaching practice in science is visible, sustained and evolving across the whole school, and that this excellent practice has had a clear impact on partners beyond the school.
|The ‘Rights Respecting School Gold level award' (RRSA) will help our pupils to grow into confident, caring and responsible young citizens both in school and within the wider community. By learning about their rights, our pupils also learn about the importance of respecting the rights of others i.e. their responsibilities.
Our key strengths noted from the visit were that Furzedown has:
1. 'Happy children who are really proud of their school'.
2. 'Enthusiastic and friendly children who are very confident talking about complex and challenging issues'.
3. 'Very empowered children who understand they have a right to be heard and their views taken seriously'.
4. 'Staff who see and treat children as individuals'.
|Artsmark is an award for schools who demonstrate their commitment to embedding arts and cultural provision at the heart of their school. In recognition of the fantastic arts curriculum, resources and provision at Furzedown, we have been awarded Artsmark Gold!
|Furzedown School is an All STARS (Sustainable Travel, Active Responsible, Safe) accredited school. This means we work closely with Wandsworth Council and Transport for London to ensure local roads are safe for the children, families and staff; promote walking, scooting and cycling to school and healthy living.
|The basic skills Quality Mark is an award that celebrates and supports continuous improvement in literacy and numeracy.
|As a CAS Lead School it shows that Furzedown recognise that Computing as a subject is important and has developed a broad and balanced computing curriculum that shows clear, planned progression.
- Basic Skills Quality Mark – 2009, 2012, 2015, 2018
- Healthy School status – 2008, 2011,
- Arts Mark Gold – 2006, 2009, 2012
- Go4it award – Gold 2011
- Geography award – Bronze 2009, Silver 2012
- International School Award intermediate – 2009, 2012
- Sustainable Travel – Silver Award – 2014
- Active school – 2010
- ICT mark – 2009, 2012, 2015
- Chemistry award from CBI – 2011
- Eco Award
- Investors in people award – 1997, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2009, 2012
- Rights Respecting School Award level 1 – 2011 – level 2- 2014 – Gold level -2017
- Sainsbury’s Active Mark Bronze – 2014
- Sainsbury’s Active Mark Silver – 2015
- Youth Sport Trust Silver – 2014
- Speaker’s School Council Awards – 2015