French at Furzedown
- The aims and objectives of learning a Modern Foreign Language in Furzedown primary school are to:
- Foster an interest in learning other languages.
- Introduce young children to another language in a way that is enjoyable and fun.
- Stimulate and encourage children’s curiosity about language.
- Encourage children to be aware that language has structure and that the structure differs from one language to another.
- Help the children develop their awareness of cultural differences in other countries.
- Develop their speaking and listening skills.
- Lay the foundations for future study.
- Extend language teaching beyond mother tongue learning.
Apps and Programs we use in school
At the end of each unit, the children get to use programs allowing them to practise the vocabulary they learnt. They work in pairs and get to practise, reading, speaking, listening and writing at their own pace.
The programs we use are: 2Simple French which is on our network and Languagenut which is accessible online. If your child wishes to practise at home, they can go to the school website, click on Portals/Pupil resources. Languagenut gives children the opportunity to learn many different languages, so please have a look.MFL National