In Reception our staff are:
- RS – Ms Swan, TA support –Mrs Psaila , Mrs Gilman
- RT – Ms Stuart, TA support – Mrs Fuentes, Mrs Dussaram
- The Curriculum we follow is the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework which children start in Nursery and continue in Reception. There are 7 areas of learning and development, children should mostly develop the 3 prime areas first. These are:
- Communication and language
- Physical development
- Personal, social and emotional development
As children grow in Reception, the prime areas will help them develop skills in 4 specific areas. These are:
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design
These 7 areas are used to plan your child’s learning and activities. The children learn through planned play activities as well as adult led small group and some whole class carpet sessions. They are encouraged to experience a wide range of resources, both inside and outdoors, that will help them acquire the skills necessary for the early stages of reading, writing and mathematics.
The children will read to the teacher/ teaching assistant once a week where comments will be put into their reading records. We ask that parents also put a comment just once a week after having read with their child. The children will receive two new books plus a free choice every week.
If you have any questions or concerns, please, in the first instance approach your child’s class teacher.
Thank you for your ongoing support,
The Reception Team